Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Vivian is Two!

On Sunday, our little Vivvie turned two! Seems like just yesterday I was resting up from her super-fast entrance into this world. And now she's a wild, happy, toddler who loves monsters, bad witches, and ballerinas.



Just like last year, we decided a low-key family party would be the best way to celebrate her big day. My parents came up from Tennessee to join us (and are staying on through Christmas).



Viv dressed in her favorite outfit: her Dorothy dress and her ruby slippers.

I love making the kids' birthday cakes each year, but I have to say this Humpty cake was hard. It wasn't my best effort, but I was happy it turned out at all. Sculpting with fondant is not easy, especially since I didn't ask for help from my sculptor-husband. As soon as Vivian saw her cake, she tried to take a giant bite out the middle. When I pulled it away from her, she started bawling. Next, year I'm going to let her wreck her birthday cake.



Thomas spent a couple of weeks making her a Humpty Dumpty doll from hickory. He even sewed the clothes from some old remnant fabric we had.



I made her a hand-felted necklace. And Grandie and Grandpa got her a vet kit complete with a sneezing plush puppy dog.



It was a great day for our beautiful girl spent with our favorite people. Happy birthday, Little Viv!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...