Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blue Hole



One of my favorite places on the planet is off a little side road back in the boonies of a tiny, rural Tennessee town. The Blue Hole is a beautiful waterfall and swimming hole that up until recently you had to know how to get to because there was no sign on the main road.

T and I spent a lot of time here when we were dating and once we were married. I have so many memories of looking for salamanders with him and swimming in the freezing cold water. Every time we visit TN we try to visit Blue Hole. This was Seamus's third trip and Vivian's first. They had a blast catching salamanders, throwing rocks, and swimming.

Whenever we visit Blue Hole, it's mandatory that we jump in no matter how bone chilling the water is. This visit was no exception. My bones hurt for a couple hours after I got out of that water, but it was so invigorating to swim there.

2 comments:

karen said...

magical! I bet it was quite refreshing :)

Anke said...

Looks beautiful! I'm wondering where in TN it is? We're from AL, very close to TN and it would be a wonderful place to visit one day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...