Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy 11 Months!

Well, we nearly made to 12 months before I finally posted an 11 month post. If that doesn't speak volumes about the overwhelming amount of work I've been doing around here, I don't know what does. However, as of Monday, my semester teaching online English is over, and I'll have loads more time to devote to this here blog...that is until next semester starts, and I begin teaching three more English classes.

But enough about me. Let's get on to the real reason I'm writing this post...

Vivian has grown by leaps and bounds in Month 11. She's the family copy-cat, imitating everything we do from wiping down tables (mama) to screaming into mailer tubes (brother) to scowling (papa). This girl has developed one serious scowl, and she employs often throughout the day (anytime she's displease with the turn of events, anytime anyone tells her no, anytime we don't feed her fast enough).



She's now walking constantly and hardly ever crawling, and she's been practicing running--but without much success as each time she's come away with a scar on her face.

Her favorite past times are petting the cat and flipping through books.

She plays with books more than any toys we have around the house, and this includes not only her board books but my cookbooks and novels and brother's chapter books. She loves flipping pages and looking at pictures.


Vivian's language skills are developing at a rapid pace. She now says lots of words, some consistently and some only once or twice. Vivian says these words often: mama, papa, brother, cat, dog, and no. Vivian has said these words only a couple of times: apple, banana, and clap. She's also been learning animal sounds and can caw like a crow, moo like a cow, bok like a chicken, and bah like a sheep. Since cats are her favorite animal, we've been working on meowing as well.

But the big news (at least for mama and papa) is that Vivian is finally sleeping for longer stretches at night (4-5 hours) and now only gets up a couple of times at night. She's also been taking wonderful 2 1/2 hour naps during the day, providing me with much needed grading and knitting time.

Month 11 also brought Vivian's first snow experience. A few weeks ago our town was blanketed in about four inches of snow, and the children and I spend the afternoon playing in it. Vivian enjoyed knocking the snow off the tree branches and watching brother and I throw snowballs at each other.

1 comment:

little macaroon. said...

She's a wee cracker! You remind me how many cute stages I have to look forward to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...