Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happy 10 Months!

I'm a little late here as Vivian will be 11 months old next week (and a year Old next month...eeek), but life has been oh, so hectic in the Gwyn Family household lately.
None the less, we have big news to report: the Little Duchess is walking! Yep, my big girl has been taking steps and toddling around since she was 9 months old. She actually took her first steps on October 13th. But last week, she began walking in earnest--by that I mean walking more than crawling. She's also been climbing everything: stairs, chairs, couches, and beds.
As far as other milestones go, Vivian has added the word "cat" to her vocabulary and must say it a hundred times a day (usually while chasing ours). She'll also point the the cats on her cat pajamas and say the word. She's just started pointing at things over the past few days, and aside from pointing at cats on pjs, she also loves to open books and point at the pictures.
As far as appetite goes, Vivian still nurses throughout the day but is now going for longer stretches in between sessions (except at night). She's also eating three big meals and numerous little snacks each day. Her favorite foods right now are: apples, blueberries, quinoa, and bananas.

There's one thing not going so well in our household, however: sleep. Oh man, the sleeping situation around here is dreadful. Aside from one long stretch of sleep from 7:30-11:30, Vivian still wakes every two hours to nurse at night. Most of the time, I nurse her or rock her for just a few minutes, and she goes right back to sleep, but sometimes it takes a good two hours to get her to sleep in her own bed. She'll go straight to sleep in my arms or my bed, but the instant her head hits her own mattress, she's awake and wailing. Add Seamus's frequent night awakenings to come to our bed and no one is sleeping. I have to say, I'm a bit of a zombie these days and have been forgetting to do all kinds of important stuff such as making Seamus's lunch or paying the electric bill.
With the hurricane and our trip to Tennessee, Vivian has been lucky enough to spend a lot more time with T than usual. The two of them have developed a closer bond, and she's now a little bit less attached to me and loves being cared for by her papa. She gets so excited when he comes home at the end of the day.
But the one person in our home who remains Vivian's closest friend is her brother. Those two are peas in a pod.

5 comments:

little macaroon. said...

Adorable. I hope my two are as close as yours in a years time. But I can't bear the thought of still doing two hourly feeds this time next year; it's hard enough at the moment and I've only been doing it 7 weeks! I sympathise, and hope you get a full nights sleep some time soon. X

Wendy said...

Our littlest guy turned 8 months today, and our sleeping/eating situation is a carbon copy of yours. I've really been working on stretching out the time between feedings, but it all falls apart in the middle of the night. Our first baby slept through the night at three months, so this time around is a bit of a shock. That last photo is so lovely!

Leanne said...

Adorable!!!!!

Lydia said...

Oh, Wendy...I hope your situation includes more sleep soon. Our first also slept through the night at around 3 mos. I don't know how to handle this never sleeping thing.

Lydia said...

LM--I'm sure your situation will be much better than mine when Dragon Baby is 10 mos. old. I'm also sure your kiddos will be best friends. There's something wonderful about the way 5-year-olds interact with babies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...