Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lately

Please forgive the long, long blogging absence. The writer of this here blog has been deluged and overwhelmed by student essays and life in general. I thought I'd come up for air a bit and let you know what we've been up to lately (before the end of the week when I'm swimming in rough drafts of narrative essays).

Lately, we've been spending lots of time outdoors, hiking with friends...



finding salamanders and frogs...



birdwatching...

Female Mourning Warbler

and flower picking...



I've finished one knitting project (the Owlunder Sweater) and started another...



Seamus has been helping with dinner nearly every night and learning to bake and cook. Here he his honing his knife skills (with a butter knife because I'm too nervous to let him have a real knife).



Vivian has discovered my camera and grabs for it every time she sees it. If I'm wearing her, she absolutely has to clench the camera strap in her fist the entire time.



We've also had yard visitors...



There's also been lots of soapmaking and woodworking going on in preparation for the Etsy shop we hope to open soon. We're having a terrible time coming up with a name (suggestions are welcome). Neither of us are good with titles (hence the name of our blog).

It's busy over here, but with fall trees changing and Halloween coming up I should have lots of posts scheduled for October.

6 comments:

little macaroon. said...

Gorgeous pictures. That owl sweater is amazing!!!

karen said...

Glad to see you and your kiddos are growing up so fast!! I hope it settles down for you a bit :)

tina said...

sounds like you all have been busy. i can't wait to check out your etsy store. i'm fascinated with the charcoal soap you posted pictures of a few weeks ago - is it used for anything in particular?

little macaroon. said...

woodwork and soap.... there's got to be some play on lathe + lather there.

Lydia said...

Tina, the charcoal soap is a deep-cleaning, clarifying soap. I use it for my own break-out prone skin and it clears it up beautifully.

Lydia said...

Lathe and lather! That's genius!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...