Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Yarn Along



Finally...I'm joining Ginny from Small Things for another Yarn Along. I've been knitting a lot lately but just haven't had time to participate in a yarn along. This week I was determined to show you what I've been up to.



On the Needles: I just finished knitting another Owlet Sweater for a friend's baby. It's blocked and ready to go, except for all those damn eyes. I have 21 more buttons to sew on. I'm also just about to finish up another Nautie for a different friend's baby. I've made so many nautiloids in the past--both coiled and straight--and every baby who's ever met them has always preferred the straight-shelled nauti. Both Owlet and Nauti are fun and fast patterns, and ones I enjoy working over and over.

From the Library: We visited our local library and got a card last week. I checked out a couple of soapmaking books and lots of fiction. I've been devouring The Everything Soapmaking Book during day time nursing sessions and reading Nell Freudenberger's Lucky Girls in bed at night. I've started a second batch of soap and have ordered ingredients for future batches. It's a fun new hobby and will be great come Christmastime when we have no money but know lots of people who deserve gifts.

8 comments:

swanski said...

The owlet sweater is cute and I like that it is in a rich brown. Perfect! You did a lovely job :)

Kelly J. R. said...

I've had the owlet sweater in my queue for quite some time now. I just love that pattern. Funny that you grumbled about the eyes. Have you noticed in the project photos how many of the finished sweaters only have eyes on a few owls? LOL. I'm guessing other people didn't enjoy putting the eyes on either.

Tracey said...

Your owl sweater is a work of art.
I have been wanting to make soap for years and finally started collecting supplies to start, glad to hear you enjoy it.

wifemomknitter said...

The one owl that doesn't have both eyes looks like it's winking at me.

It's very cute.

Anke said...

What an adorable sweater! Absolutely love it! So far I've made two of the owl hats, but seeing the sweater now, I'm thinking I need to make one.

Wendy said...

The owlet is fantastic, and the brown is so rich and warm!

little macaroon. said...

I missed YA last week and I had been wondering if you were finding time to make anything, d'oh! That little sweater looks super sweet.

Lydia said...

I'm finding time to knit, but not much time to post on the old blog. My blog time is late at night, and I'm usually too tired to do much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...