Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tower Hill Nature Preserve

This morning we got out our handy birding trail guide. The New Jersey Birding and Wildlife Trails puts one out for each county in the state (and they're free). And lo and behold there was a great little birding trail just down the road from our house, literally right in our neighborhood.



Since Seamus only has two days of summer left before school starts, we spent the entire morning hiking around the nature reserve.



We saw plenty of wildflowers (lots of goldenrod and bull thistle)...



...and some vultures and red-tailed hawks...

I also gave Seamus some camera lessons. Here are a few of my favorites that he took...


After lunch we visited the town of Clinton to stare at a waterfall and eat ice cream. In my book, that's a perfect day.

I'm sure going to miss that little man when school starts later this week.

2 comments:

swanski said...

It's amazing that school is already starting. Lovely outing and a waterfall!! Since the weather has cooled a bit I think I'm ready for some state parks :)

Lydia said...

Agree! I love hiking this time of year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...