Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy 8 Months!

Vivian is 8 months old now...well, 8 months and one week technically. And just like last month, she's conquered new milestones.

At 8 months, Vivian can cruise with confidence--she's walking by holding onto every available surface. She's also been trying to climb but thankfully hasn't mastered that one yet.



This month I started her on finger foods, and boy was she ever ready for them! She can chomp some chunks like nobody's business despite not having a single tooth yet (I was TOTALLY wrong about that early-teething thing a few months ago). She LOVES feeding herself. I've been giving her chopped bananas, kiwi, organic rice puffs and rice cakes.



She loves feeding herself so much that she's figured out where I stash her finger foods and is constantly getting into them.



And that's not all she gets into...she's always making a beeline for my yarn, our record collection, the bookshelves, and lately she's been going for the garbage can as well. As a result she's learned to understand the word "no" this month. Unfortunately, she sometimes cries when you say it to her.







She's also figured out how to object when something doesn't go her way. She does this by throwing her head back and kicking her feet (and of course wailing)...I don't want to use the word tantrum, but that word comes close.

As far as words go, Vivian can say: Mama, Brother (bobba) and Papa. She also says "dat" a lot...we've not figured that one out yet.

She's still nursing every two-three hours. I nurse on demand; so whenever I hear the "nay-nay" cry I feed her. She naps twice a day still, in the morning and evening. Unfortunately, she's not sleeping through the night any more. I knew I never should have bragged about that her first few months. When we moved to this new place, I started co-sleeping with her, only because her bed wasn't put together yet. The co-sleeping has ruined her as far as sleeping on her own in her own bed. Once this week she slept in her bed through the whole night, but generally she's up every three hours. I've ordered a book to help with this.

Vivian and Seamus continue to grow closer everyday. She wants nothing more than to be in the floor wrestling with him or having a crawling race with him, and he wants nothing more than to kiss her and play with her all day. I never expected them to be so close with such an age difference but they really love each other to pieces.



Finally, I leave you with a picture that captures our day perfectly. Here, Vivian gets into the record collection (again) and Seamus does gymnastics on the couch in the background...

3 comments:

little macaroon. said...

she looks so determined in that last photo! she's a wee cracker ;-)

tina said...

Oh, I love the picture of both of them. They are too cute!

swanski said...

She is adorable and I love the red and white outfit. She is growing so fast it seems like yesterday she was born!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...