Monday, July 16, 2012

Lately...

1. I made soap! My very first batch of soap is a 100% olive oil castile soap, one of the simplest to make. I used this book and watched this video repeatedly.

2. We canned our very own raspberry preserves.

3.We also made Italian Ice--so easily and so perfect for triple-digit days.

4. I made face cream (which doubles as a body lotion) for the whole family. I used Rosemary Gladstar's recipe, which is included in nearly all of her herbal books. I used a grape seed oil base and sprinkled in a couple of drops of everlasting essential oil as well.

5. We received a special delivery from our friend Mary. She made Vivver's some diaper covers in exchange for a writing critique. I love a good trade!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Love it all! I've always wanted to make my own soap. I'll check out your links. Your little girl is getting so big!

little macaroon. said...

I can only imagine how rewarding all this creating is Lydia! You're so clever!

Ellen said...

Such happy things! This post makes me smile. It's so nice to make things with your own hands. That everlasting cream made me giggle, however...just the name of it...sort of reminds me of the fountain of youth.

I've been really wanting to try making body products and cleaning stuffs, but there's soooo much out there. It's hard to decide on any one recipe or project. I guess starting with something is better than doing nothing...

swanski said...

Wow! I have not made soap but I love to buy handmade-you are so very clever :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...