Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Yarn-Along

Joining Ginny at Small Things for another Yarn-Along...



On the Needles: I'm making the Kid Owlet Sweater as a belated birthday gift for a sweet two-year-old girl. Her mother saw the owlet I made S and wanted one in the same color for her daughter. It's a great pattern, super-fast and lots of fun (especially the owl part). This is the third time I've made it, and I'm sure it won't be the last.







Off the Bookshelf: I'm reading the new issue of Poets & Writers (Thanks Peggy!) and The Whole Foods Nutrition Cookbook. Our family has always had a fairly healthy diet (I'm a vegetarian and make most of our meals meat-free), but a couple of weeks ago T and I watched Forks Over Knives on Netflix and decided our diet could be healthier. T only eats meat one day a week now and tries to completely avoid dairy, and I never eat meat and have drastically cut dairy from my diet as well. This Whole Foods Cookbook has really been our crutch. It's full of delicious and super-healthy recipes. We've been following a whole foods diet for over two-weeks now, and I'm starting to notice big changes in my energy levels. Even S seems to be enjoying the new meals I've been making for dinner. Last night he devoured a plate of Quinoa, black beans and sweet potatoes with a generous side of fresh spinach.

2 comments:

house full of jays said...

I love the owlet sweater! hmm...I'm sure one of my kids needs one. ;) So cute.

Swanski said...

I have that book and really enjoy cooking from it when I do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...