Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yarn-Along

Joining the Small Things Yarn-Along this Wednesday...


On the needles: Seamus's Rainbow Snake. I've been working on this guy for, I'm ashamed to say, a couple of weeks. Honestly, I'm barely knitting these days. With my online class and all the papers I've been grading and keeping up with two little ones, I just don't have the time. But every once in awhile I sneak in a row or two.



Off the bookshelf:
Short stories! These are perfect for night time nursing sessions.

For this yarn-along Wednesday, I thought I'd take a moment and share something knitting-related. My friend and co-worker, Peggy, made Vivian a most elegant teething bib, and we've gotten a lot of use out of it this week. If that first tooth doesn't sprout soon, I don't know what we'll do. This week Vivvers is drooling buckets, chewing on everything, wanting to nurse non-stop, and crying (with her hands in her mouth) a lot more than usual.

But even in the midst of all that gum pain, she manages to smile often.


Her little bib is working out beautifully. Peggy, if you're reading this...thank you!

5 comments:

Swanski said...

How can you possibly knit with those two cute kids? I'm sure there will be a day when knitting resumes....great idea to read short stories!

little macaroon. said...

those smiles are so pretty - hope the tooth pops through soon x

Wendy said...

The littles make life so very full and busy, don't they? From breakfast til lunch today, all I managed to do was change diapers, hold a fussy baby most of the time, and read a story or two to the three year old. Each day brings something different!

Hope that tooth arrives soon!

Lori ann said...

oh the time to knit will come again dear lydia! now it's sweet baby time! the snake looks great :)

Ellen said...

I agree with Swanski! So so cute. I'd get distracted for sure. Love that snake toy and the bib - the perfect size for her.

Love your new hairdo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...