Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

We've been celebrating Easter all weekend, coloring Easter eggs, eating chocolate and jelly beans, and egg hunting in the park. This year Seamus gave all his Easter eggs names, and cried when we told him he either had to eat them or throw them away in a day or two. My favorites eggs were Nightwalker and Golden.






We got dressed up and spent most of the day at our favorite park. It was the perfect spring day with blue and sunny skies and temperatures in the upper 60s. It seems every Easter day in my memory looks like this.

Perhaps this is why Easter is one of my favorite holidays (that and I love dying eggs).





Since the Easter bunny didn't bring Vivian a basket full of candy, I was hoping to have an Easter bonnet all made up for her today. I purchased the Baby Jane Sunbonnet sewing pattern on Etsy a couple of days ago, but so far all I've done is cut out the fabric. My sewing skills are non-existent; Thomas will probably have to help me with most of the construction.


But sometime this week I hope to have cute bonnet pictures to show y'all.

Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the naming of the eggs--sorry he's sad about getting rid of the eggs, though. Cute fabrics for the bonnet--look forward to seeing it!

little macaroon. said...

that bonnet looks super cute! I'm hopeless at sewing, my sewing machine is NOT my friend, so I'll be suitably impressed with anything you manage to achieve! Happy Easter.

Swanski said...

Vivian is adorable! And how cute that your son named his eggs. Love the outdoor photos and getting some lovely sunshine. Happy Easter

Lori ann said...

such sweet family time, look how big (and adorable) your girl is!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...