Monday, March 26, 2012

Before and After


Yesterday I cut off over 12 inches of hair and donated it to Locks of Love. My long hair was just too much to handle with two young kiddos to look after. Most days I barely have time for a shower, and I definitely don't have time to blow dry and style a bunch of hair. Also, Little Vivvers has been pulling my hair out every chance she gets; even pony tails don't deter her. I had so much fun growing it out and had just gotten it to my ideal length when I decided to cut it. I'm still getting used to my boyish hair, but already I love how little effort it takes. Last night I colored it dark brown with organic henna and indigo, a process that would have easily taken 4 hours (and two people to apply it) with my old length. With this short hair, I was able to apply it by myself and it only took about 15 minutes + two hours of processing time.

One day when my kids are older and a little more self-sufficient, I might grow it out long again. But now it's time to be practical.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful either way, but I agree, it will be easier while they're small to have short hair.

Love you!
Mom/Grandie

Swanski said...

I love it!! It's wonderful that your locks when to some worthwhile cause.

Wendy said...

It looks great! I've been doing braids or pigtails, but have been thinking short may be the way to go as well!

Lydia said...

Wendy, I was doing braids and pigtails too. Shorter is definitely easier, though maybe not as glamorous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...