Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yarn Along



On the Needles: Good grief! I'm still working on the February Baby Sweater. It's going to be March before I finish the thing. Knitting is s-l-o-w going these days. If only I were coordinated enough to knit and nurse simultaneously.


Off the Bookshelf: More poetry! These days I'm reading Denis Johnson and Brett Eugene Ralph. I LOVE Denis Johnson's fiction and have never read his poetry. Poetry is where he got his start, and I can tell. His poems have been blowing me away all week.

I've also been watching lots of Downton Abbey. Netflix added it to their Watch Instantly and now I'm hopelessly addicted. Just started season 2 on PBS. Anyone else watching this?

Don't forget to Check out Ginny's blog to see what others are knitting and reading this week.

11 comments:

Swanski said...

Starting to read your post and I loved the good grief! reminds me of Charlie Brown. Love the sweater and you will finish it one day :)

Jen said...

That sweater goes pretty fast. Especially for Little Viv's size.

You can do eet, Lydia!

Tracey said...

Well, you can just call it the March baby sweater and it will be just great, just enjoy the baby!
No, I think I am one of the only people left who HASN't seen Downton Abbey and I really want to!

Jessica Snell said...

Yep! Love Downton Abbey! It's soap-y, but it's a soap with *gorgeous costumes*. That makes all the difference in my world. :)

Ellen said...

Keep going...you'll have it done in no time. It's such a beautiful colorway.

Kelly de Vries said...

The sweater is adorable!

Lori ann said...

haha tracey. march sweater it is!
well, its adorable and will be finished soon.
i've not seen d.a. either, but its on the way via netflix, i get the old fashioned disks.
xx lori

little macaroon. said...

I just finished watching season 2 of Downton (after getting rellies to send it from the UK last month!). It came under some criticism back home for being inferior to s.1, but I LOVED it! And there's a Christmas special also, which comes after s.2, and is essential.

Wendy said...

Nope, I haven't seen D.A. either. Give yourself a break, Mama, the knitting will get there! I found it easier to read than knit while nursing--we'll see what happens when baby #2 arrives!

Anonymous said...

The sweater will be lovely & just in time for those March winds! I had a great weekend with you all and can't wait til you visit us!
Love you,
Mom/Grandie

Leanne said...

What a sweet little sweater. I tried knitting and nursing. It resulted in baby's head bopping around as I knitted. Couldn't do it too often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...