Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yarn-Along

Joining Ginny from Small Things this week for another Wednesday Yarn-Along

On the Needles: Finishing up the February Baby Sweater from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitters Almanac. Hoping I can squeeze in some time between grading my students first papers of the semester and my daily mom-ness to cast off on this baby off by the weekend.


Off the Bookshelf: Somehow I'm finding lots of time to read. Poetry has been my nightly nursing reading (which takes place after S goes to bed); Siblings Without Rivalry is my bathtub reading and John Gardner's On Becoming a Novelist is my bedtime reading. This last book is a classic that I read and re-read often. Even the forward, which was written by Raymond Carver, is fantastic.

Check out Ginny's blog to see what others are knitting and reading this week!

11 comments:

little macaroon. said...

super sweet knitting ;0)

Swanski said...

I am knitting the same sweater, without the lace bit. Yours is lovely!! Have fun grading papers :)

Jessica Snell said...

Ooh, thanks for the tip on the Gardner book. I didn't know he had one on writing. Off to see if it's in my local library's system!

Lori ann said...

your sweater is darling, i love the pink and that pattern. good you can get time for reading and knitting too!

Natalie said...

Your baby sweater is beautiful!

Ellen said...

The sweater is coming along nicely! So what do you teach and what grades?

Wendy said...

You are one busy lady! I'd love to hear what you think about the Siblings without Rivalry book!

Jen said...

I loved working up that pattern for my Great Niece (yes, you read that right. And I'm only 38! Can you believe it?!).

Can't wait to see Little Viv in it.

Lydia said...

Ellen, I teach English to college students. I mostly teach composition, but sometimes I teach literature courses as well.

Lydia said...

Wow, Jen!

Lydia said...

Wendy, Siblings Without Rivalry is wonderful! I'll write more about it next yarn-along.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...