Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yarn-Along

Joining Ginny from Small Things this week for another yarn-along...

On the Needles: I've just started knittingthe February Baby Sweater from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac. I've wanted to make this sweater for Little Viv since before I knew she was a girl, and since February is upon us...what better time than now. This is the second time I've made this sweater, and I love it just as much this time around. I'm using Kertzer's organic cotton yarn, which I got for a steal at Jimmy Beans Wool.


Off the Bookshelf: Now that I'm on maternity leave and no longer have access to my library's copy of The Knitter's Almanac, I decided to order my own. I was so happy to learn Dover reissued this book (and it's a great price too). I love EZ's writing so much, I'm reading it page for page. She puts so much poetry into her knitting patterns, and I love reading the stories and opinions that precede each project. Plus, her patterns are timeless. I would love to knit up everything in this book.

8 comments:

Mary said...

That's going to be lovely! I'll have to look into that book--it's one I missed somewhere along the way.

Love you,
Mom/Grandie

Ellen said...

What a beautiful pale color, and I love the February Sweater pattern. I'm sure Little Viv will look lovely in it!

Swanski said...

You can never go wrong owning an EZ book! I am making the same sweater for some expecting people. Love love love the pink :)

little macaroon. said...

I wish I'd been a knitter to make this when my little one was born, as it's her birthday TODAY. But she's still my February baby even though she's five.

Wendy said...

I've just got to get myself an EZ book!

Didn't you make some Vanilla Soakers before baby was born? How are they working out?

Lori ann said...

how sweet lydia, that is going to be so cute, i've always wanted to make that sweater too. i've got the same book in my basket right now, i'm making the circular shawl. i love reading her too and i'm rereading it right now.

Jen said...

I love both that book and the pattern.

Can't wait to see Little Viv's sweater.

house full of jays said...

I was gifted that book last year but I haven't braved knitting any of her patterns yet. I'm looking forward to seeing your girlie in her February sweater!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...