Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yarn-Along

Joining Ginny from Small Things this week for another yarn-along...



On the Needles: A sweet bunny hat for a friend's baby. I'm such a slow knitter and reader these days with two kids to keep me busy and no long train commute at the beginning and end of each work day. But I'm happy to have the chance to pick up my needles here and there throughout the week.




Off the Bookshelf: The Orchard by Adele Crockett Robertson has been such a pleasure to read if only for the gorgeous writing. It helps that Robertson keeps the reader invested and interested the whole way through with her fine storytelling. I've learned a lot about apple trees, peach trees, bee keeping, well-digging and rural life in New England during the worst years of the Depression. I only have a few pages left and am trying to make it last as long as possible. This will be a book I purchase and give to friends for years to come. I'm so happy my neighbor let me borrow it.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Little bunny hats are the best! I am headed to amazon to further explore your orchard book--and as side note, I love your baby's name.
*smiles*

Swanski said...

Funny how a long train commute can be a good thing (for knitting!). Your friend is going to love that cute hat!

little macaroon. said...

the teal coloured button certainly seems to be the most popular among my circle of Yarn Along friends! That book sounds wonderful, I may have to look into that for my book group suggestion in the Summer.

Lydia said...

I can't say enough how wonderful this book is.

Wendy said...

It's always so great to find a new book to add to your list of favorites!

Lori ann said...

i love when a book makes me slow down to savor and prolong the finish. i've already added it to my amazon list lydia (since you told us about it last). thank you.
wish i lived close by so i could come hang out and see the babies, oh i mean baby and big boy! hee hee. he must feel like such a big guy now.

Lori ann said...

oh, cute hat! love the color for babies!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! That hat is stinkin' cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...