Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yarn-Along

Joining Ginny from Small Things this week for another yarn-along...


On/Off the Needles: A simple apple hat that I made up. Basically I just made a simple red hat, switched to brown yarn at the end to make a stem and found a simple leaf pattern for the leaf on top.


It's still a little big for Vivian, but it should at least fit her all through this long New Jersey winter. The lime green sweater is a puerperium that my mom made.

Off the Bookshelf: Sorry I didn't take a picture of these, but S and I have started the Little House on the Prairie series of books. We read one chapter a night at bedtime. So far we've learned all about butchering and curing different types of meat and how to churn butter.

While nursing, I'm reading The Orchard: a Memoir by Adele Crockett Robertson , a beautiful book about a daughter's single-handed attempt to save her family's apple orchard during the Great Depression. It takes place in Ipswitch, Massachusetts, a place I've been dreaming of visiting since my upstairs neighbor (who loaned me the book) came back from a trip there; she was full of stories about 200 year old farms and beautiful beaches full of birds.

11 comments:

Swanski said...

Oh Vivian looks lovely in her knits :) I am thrilled she is here to model all the knitting now. The book sounds really good.

Knitters Notebook said...

The hat is so cute!!!

~~Renee

Wendy said...

Adorable hat! Adding the book to my list--sounds great!

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies!

The book is gorgeously written; you'll love it.

little macaroon. said...

what a little button Vivian is!

JNCL said...

Absolutely adorable! Baby and handiwork are both beautiful.
JNCL
The Beauty of Eclecticism

house full of jays said...

Oh, clever you coming up with that sweet hat. I'm just melting seeing it on your little beauty!
Isn't is amazing what you can learn from the Little House books?!

Lori ann said...

how completely adorable! little vivian looks precious in her new hat. love that you made that up clever mama. i love your mom's sweater too. so fun to see all the knits in use now.
and i really want to read the orchard book, must add it to my list!
take good care sweetie!

Jen said...

She is so beautiful. Congratulations! The hat is great. I love babies in fruit & vegi hats! I cannot wait until my little girl is old enough to read the Little House books with! One of my favorite memories of growing up is from reading them with my mom and then on my own.

Leanne said...

ADORABLE!!!!! She's precious and so are her super cute knits. I've been wanting to make that sweater for my little guy. Enjoy her! She's a cutie.

Ellen said...

I missed this post last week - such a beautiful hat and sweater - love the little apples on her outfit too. I'm glad that she'll be cozy in them during the winter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...