Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Month One, Little Viv!

Our little girl is a whopping one month old today!


It's been a whirlwind of a month in which we've all tried to find our groove with this new lifestyle and this new little member of our family. This month Vivian has picked up the nicknames Little Viv and Vivers (both from Seamus). She still nurses every two hours and is trying in earnest to smile and coo.


I've neglected to mention one little thing because I'm afraid I'll jinx it, but Vivian has pretty much been sleeping through the night since day two. At first I was waking her to nurse, but her pediatrician advised me to let her sleep. She goes to bed around 8:30 or 9:00 pm, and she wakes once to feed at 3:30 in the morning and then usually doesn't wake up again until 6:30 or 7:00. Most of the time after I nurse her she goes back to sleep until 9:00 or 9:30. I can't believe I've actually been fairly well-rested all month. Of course I know this could change at any moment. Any night she could decide to be up all night or nurse around the clock.


The first month has been fun! We're looking forward to all the little milestones the months ahead hold for her.


Happy month one, sweet girl!

5 comments:

Swanski said...

I am so happy that you are getting your rest. I think that is what makes a parent edgy-lack of sleep. She is beautiful and I love the hand knit she is wearing in the photos :)

Lori ann said...

omg! can i please come over and hold her?! she is gorgeous lydia. and smart too, sleeping through the night? shhh...a couple of mine did the same thing...

love her sweater, you are so cute too.

Ellen said...

She's so big and beautiful. It is amazing how much change can happen in such a short time. Glad you're getting some extra sleep now... Did you make the sweater? Such a lovely color.

house full of jays said...

Oh! Happy one month (a little late now) to your sweet darling! She is such a beauty. I'm so glad you're getting sleep. It makes such a difference. xoR

JNCL said...

Awwww! I hope you're loving the world so far, little sweetie.
JNCL
The Beauty of Eclecticism

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...