Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yarn-Along Wednesday

Joining Ginny from Small Things this week for another yarn-along...

On the Needles: Finishing up T's R2D2 hat; working on the lining now, which I'll fold into the inside to cover all those color-change floats. After this it just needs a good blocking and then it's done. Don't know what's next on the needles since I had planned on this being my last knit before baby arrives. However, I think I'm going to finish this hat in the next evening or two, and I think baby's holding tight for now.


Off the Bookshelf: Started reading The Otter Who Wanted to Know as recommended by Little Macaroon. So happy to have discovered this series of books. S and I read three chapters yesterday and one today (so far). S LOVES this book; when we're not reading it he's pretending to be an otter cracking open rock oysters and diving all day.

I'm officially on maternity leave now and loving every moment. My mother-in-law is here for a few weeks to help out. So grateful!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

FANTASTIC HAT!!!!!! Enjoy your maternity leave :)

Plain and Joyful Living said...

Wow, I am so impressed by those that can knit like that - beautiful.

house full of jays said...

Hooray for maternity leave!! And that hat is aaaahmazing! Nice job!

little macaroon. said...

so glad you're enjoying the book! We've polished off about six in the series in as many weeks - currently just in the last few chapters about Pongo the gorilla. WONDERFUL!

Wendy said...

Look at that hat! Maybe you have time to knit another pair of soakers :) or better yet, something just for you! Enjoy your maternity leave. I think it's just adorable that your son is imitating the otter from the book--I love it when kids use their imaginations to extend what they've heard about in books.

Swanski said...

What a great job you did on the hat! He is going to love it and wear it all the time :)

Ellen said...

What a great great hat! Love the colors and of course R2!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...