Sunday, December 18, 2011

What We've Been Up to While Waiting for Baby...

Taking long walks and playing in the park:


Making a popcorn and cranberry garland for the tree:


Enjoying the lights in the City and in our living room:





Counting down the days with a simple, homemade-by-me advent calendar:


Making gingerbread houses:


We've also been knitting, baking (T's mom has made biscuits for us twice now...as well as cookies, homemade Chex Mix and several yummy meals), reading, listening to lots of Perry Como Christmas songs, sleeping in, staying up late and eating too many Christmas candies.

I've been drinking tons of red raspberry leaf tea, walking up and down stairs, meditating and yesterday my mother-in-law surprised me with a prenatal massage at the local spa...all this in hopes of getting my labor on. But nothing yet. I'll have contractions for a spell and then they'll fade away. My due date is tomorrow, and I didn't think I'd still be pregnant by this weekend, but here I am getting bigger and bigger. Even though I'm fully effaced and 3 cm dilated, I'm not that uncomfortable. I just can't wait to hold that baby.

7 comments:

Mary said...

You all look great! Maybe this little Gwyn has a mind of his or her own--showing an independent spirit already! Sure hope the new baby makes an appearance soon.

Love & miss you!
Mom/Grandie

steph said...

blessings!!!

Lori ann said...

oh lydia! i was wondering and hoping and wishing i had your phone number! we had no internet for 3 days.
my baby's birthday is tomorrow, the one that lives in nyc! she'll be 21 on the 19th! it's a very good day for a baby, and a birthday. i hope it comes true for you.
sending love and best wishes for an easy, safe and wonderful birth!

Swanski said...

I do hope the baby makes an appearance soon!!! Glad you are comfortable and have company while your wait.

Lydia said...

Oh, Lori...how great that our baby's almost share a birthday! Of course mine is still cozy and hasn't made an appearance, but you're right it's a great time to have a baby. Happy birthday to your babe!

Lydia said...

Thanks Karen! It really is nice to have company and still to be so comfortable at the very end.

Ellen said...

I'm checking in a few days later - perhaps you've delivered? Hope all is well with you and your family. Merry Christmas! A Christmas baby is a nice thing. (mine is the 23rd and my mom's is today)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...