Thursday, December 15, 2011

Week 39


Highlights of Week 39:

*My mother-in-law arrives to help out for a couple of weeks while we wait on baby to arrive
*First full week of maternity leave left me feeling relaxed and rested and reconnected with my guys
*Sleeping in until 8:30 every morning; so much better than waking at 5 or 5:30am to catch a train
*A lovely and relaxing morning at the spa with my mother-in-law. We got haircuts:
*Lots of time with S
*Very active baby, who now seems huge to me

Lowlights of Week 39:

*Anticipation and the excitement and let down that Braxton-Hicks contractions bring
*Lots and lots of contractions every day but no baby yet

Midwife Update: This is actually a week 40 update, but since I'm not sure I'll make it all the way through week 40 I'll update now. The appointment with my midwife on Monday went well. She checked me and found that I was fully effaced and 3 cm dilated. She didn't think I'd still be pregnant by this weekend. Each day this week I've had tons of contractions and cramps and feel like I've dilated even more. A couple of nights I've thought I was in labor only to find my contractions subsiding. I'm hoping this is my body's way of doing a lot of pre-labor work so I won't have such a long labor. Any day now. We're ready baby whenever you are.

4 comments:

little macaroon. said...

any day now - how wonderful. wishing you a smooth delivery little baby ;0)

Leanne said...

Good luck. I know exactly how you are feeling right now. The waiting game is a tough one! Looks like you're having a baby boy by the way. :)

Swanski said...

I am so excited that your little one is about to make an appearance!! Love your outfit in the photo :)

house full of jays said...

Wow wee! Are you still pregnant!? So exciting! Thinking of you and wishing you are beautiful and blessed birth and babe. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...