Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny from Small Things for another Wednesday Yarn Along...


On the Needles: About to finish up a pair of longies for babe, using the Pimp My Longies pattern. One leg down and one to go. (It's a terrible photo, I know. I took it in my office with my awful fluorescent lighting.) This has been a super simple and fast pattern and it's free! Next in the knitting que, a Star Wars Hat for T. I'm hoping to get it done before the babe arrives or at least before Christmas.


From the Library: Just checked out Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut after a great conversation about him with a co-worker (and dear friend) at the Circulation Desk this morning. I remember every Vonnegut book in my parents' bookshelves from my childhood and this was one of them. I've only ever read Cat's Cradle, and I figured it was time to read a few more of his. Every copy of Slaughterhouse Five is checked out at the moment since it's required reading for a class. Yep, every once in awhile this fashion and design school assigns students reading material other than a draping pattern.

To see what others are knitting and reading this week check out the Small Things Blog.

8 comments:

Swanski said...

My kids love that author, especially my son. I have never read him though, I guess I should! Your photo looks pretty good to me and you are almost done!

Jen {Wife, "Mom", Knitter} said...

The longies are so cute and I LOVE your next project.

In high school (some twenty year ago for me, Yikes!), Vonnegut was only assigned reading for the Advanced Placement English classes. Maybe I'll give him a whirl.

little macaroon. said...

I've always like that author's name for some reason (a very handsome name I think) but have never thought to read any of his books. Thanks for the prompt!

Adorable baby breeches ;0)

Wendy said...

I've never read any Vonnegut . . . like the others, maybe I should broaden my horizons!

Do the librarians get excited when they check out a book to someone about something other than fashion?! :) How many books in your library are not related to fashion? Sorry, I just find this fascinating!

Lydia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydia said...

I'm enjoying the book A LOT so far. I can see why people claim him as their favorite author.

Wendy, At my library we get really excited when students check out literature, especially poetry and especially when we can tell they're just reading for pleasure. We have an interesting collection with mostly fashion and design books--including a lot of rare stuff--but we also inherited a great collection of music and literature books from a college in Vermont. It doesn't really go with our curriculum, but we love it when students check those books out.

Personally I get a little sick of fashion and design books, but you do come across some really neat, out-of-print lace making, knitting, weaving, spinning and millenry books and there are lots of great books on textile history.

house full of jays said...

I love the stripes in those longies! So cute! I'm getting excited for your babe!

Lori ann said...

i've never read him, but my parents did too.
longies look cozy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...