Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny from Small Things for another Wednesday Yarn Along...


On and Off the Needles: Finished up one Vanilla Soaker and will probably make a few more. However, I just found out my mom has been knitting soakers like crazy for this baby, and I may not need to make more. We'll see what handknits she brings up at Thanksgiving when she and my dad visit. Still have lots of Fisherman's wool left over and may knit up some longies with it.

In the meantime, I've started knitting a three-month-sized pair of longies in Crystal Palace's Taos. I'm using the Pimp My Longies pattern and so far it's knitting up nicely. I love the Taos yarn, with it's myriad of colorways. I love babies in bright primary colors.

From the Library: Still Reading...poetry. Actually I'm not reading too much these days as I fall asleep every time I do, but on breaks at work I've been reading more poems from Mr. Simic.

To see what others are knitting and reading this week check out the Small Things Blog.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for stopping by, Lydia. I think we're pretty cute, too. ;-)

That's going to be one lucky baby with all those handknits.

Swanski said...

How wonderful your mom has been knitting up soakers. I bet she has knitted other items up and just hasn't told you yet :D

nocton4 said...

nothing better than a babe in handknits
happy days xx

Ellen said...

Maybe you'll include a photo of all those soakers? Your longie pattern looks good - very similar to sheepy pants. I'm not sure how they increased & decreased stitches (haven't read through your pattern) - that is one thing I'm not so thrilled with the Sheepy Pants about - right now I'm fudging some gaps. Actually the photos from that site are better than the pattern I paid for. Sheepy Patterns good point: has lots and lots of options for hems, waist and shape of legs.

Wendy said...

Will check into the Pimp my Longies pattern--I wasn't too happy with the last pattern I used. Your soakers look great, and how exciting that your mom has been knitting busily too!

Lydia said...

Karen,

I think you're right. My mom is a knitting machine. She'll probably arrive with an entire wardrobe.

Lydia said...

Ellen,

I'll definitely post pictures of all those soakers. She's already sent me quite a few, but more are on the way.

Thanks for the info on the Sheepy Pants. It really looks like a great pattern with lots of options. I've not gotten to the decreases and increases yet, but so far, reading through the pattern,the hardest part seems to be the gusset.

house full of jays said...

Haha, well that answers my question...glad your parents are coming your way soon!
I love the soaker looks great - hope you show what your mom's got knit up for babe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...