Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Yarn-Along

Yarning-along this Wednesday with Ginny from Small Things...


On the Needles: The first of many Vanilla Soakers. Sorry guys, but this is mostly what I'll be knitting for the next few yarn-alongs. Although I promised T a Star Wars hat or socks for Christmas and that might spice things up. For this soaker I'm using Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool. I like the idea of using a virgin wool with no dyes for a soaker. Although I'm also on the look out for inexpensive organic wool with natural dyes.

Last week I finished up the Toorie hat I was working on, but I've not had a chance to take any real pictures of it. If you look at my Halloween post you'll see me wearing it like a beret and looking like the Great Pumpkin. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. At least two people in my knitting circle have decided to make it as well. Very fun and fast pattern.

From the Library: Still reading poetry and working on getting my writing back on track. I keep reading and re-reading this Charles Simic book. It's amazing, and I can see why it won the Pulitzer Prize and was a finalist for the National Book Award.

Head on over to the Small Things blog to check out what everyone else is knitting and reading this week.

10 comments:

Ellen said...

So sweet! I'll probably make a few of those for my friend's baby, but first I have to finish her longies (and other projects). I love the Fisherman's wool and the colors that the line offers. You may have to soak the yarn to soften it a bit for a baby's bottom.
Inexpensive organic? I know Knitpicks has some organic cotton, but not wool.

Lori ann said...

ooh, it's getting close, soakers! and i thought that was your finished hat, beautiful!

Swanski said...

Are you nesting? I love the two colors in the wool-pretty!

Wendy said...

I love Fisherman's Wool--hadn't seen that color combo before. The soaker is looking great already!

house full of jays said...

I've been eyeing that colour of the fisherman's wool. I shamefully haven't been knitting any more soakers although I bought the Vanilla pattern. Yours is looking good!

Lydia said...

The Vanilla soaker pattern is the best I've found as far as ease of construction goes and clear instructions. We'll see how they hold up when I put them to the test.

Definitely nesting...this time more than the first time.

Jen said...

S's Halloween costume is kick-ass! And I beg to differ. You look like a very glamous pregnant lady. ;-)

Becks said...

Well you can never have enough soakers can you........
xx

Lydia said...

Awww...thanks Jen!

Lydia said...

Absolutely right, Becks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...