Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week 35


Highlights of Week 35:

*A surprise baby shower from my Circulation staff! Even though my last day of work won't be until December 6th, I was shocked (big time) when I came back from a meeting/luncheon to find my department decorated in baby stuff and full of yummy foods (homemade apple cake, a raspberry chocolate mousse cake, homemade cupcakes , cookies, cheese and hummus and crackers). They even brought in plastic champagne glasses and organic sparkling apple cider. I don't know if I've mentioned it here before, but I work with some amazing people. All the people in my department I'm happy to call my friends, and a couple of them have become some of my very closest friends. I'm a very lucky lady.


*This week my boss made me a wonderful deal that I just don't think I can pass up. Hoping it works out because if it does it would mean getting to stay home with my kiddos four days a week if I decide to come back from my leave.

*Also this week I found out I was approved for a six month maternity leave.

*Making and decorating gingerbread cookies with S.

*Warm fall weather, perfect for swinging with S at the playground.

*T helping with the housework and laundry.

*Late night Uno games with T.

*Daily hiccups from baby and little feet always stretching and kicking in my side.

*Getting excited and nervous about labor and meeting this new person; daydreaming about it constantly.


Lowlights of Week 35:

*Oh, so tired and feeling like there's waaaay too much left to do before baby arrives.

*Extreme belly button pain. Sometime the pain is so intense I feel nauseous. I remember getting this with S too but not this often. Everything I've read says belly button pain is normal, but I'm going to bring it up with my midwife on Monday.

*Lots of round ligament pain and pelvic discomfort. Feels like my body is definitely getting ready for labor.

*My long walks to the train station in the morning and long walks home at night are the worst part of my day. I'm counting the days until my maternity leave begins.

*Feeling guilty for snapping at and being short with S and T a lot this week. I don't know if it's hormones or general discomfort but I've not been the most pleasant person to be around the past several days.

4 comments:

little macaroon. said...

What a lovely surprise baby shower! Sorry to hear about belly button pain - I'd never heard of that before but it sounds awful! Not long to go now though :0)

Wendy said...

There's nothing like getting to work with people who are/become your friends--what a great experience.

And I'm thrilled for you that you have such wonderful job opportunity when your maternity leave ends--it does sound too good to pass up! I know how hard it is to choose between staying home and having a second income. Hope it all works out!

Lori ann said...

oh i'm so glad your friends at work did that for you! you so deserve it. they were probably thrilled they pulled off the surprise! i love baby showers!

and i'm so sorry you have to do all that walking when your not feeling like it. dec 6 will be here soon!

and you look beautiful!

Swanski said...

You look so wonderful! All baby and a skinny mama to be :) I am thrilled for you about the stay at home four days--sounds like the best of both worlds. And if you do not like it then you can change it. The food looks delicious at the party!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...