Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week 32


Highlights:
*More baby dreams. This time I dreamed I gave birth to a red-haired boy, but in the dream he kept changing into a puppy. Reminds me a little of when I was pregnant with S and dreamed I was pregnant with a kitten.

*Still marveling over baby's movements. This week baby's legs seem so long and I can feel them stretching throughout the day. More little feet shapes under my hands too.

*I won a contest, and received the most beautiful yarn from Ellen over at Hurrayic Seriously, I don't how she could give it up. The scarlet colorway in each skein is gorgeous. Now what to knit with it?

*T and S put the baby's bed together and it fits beautifully in our room.

*Watched Ghostbusters, a childhood favorite, in the theater with T and S and a bunch of his friends from work. Guess what S wants to be for Halloween now? Peter Venkman. T has been building his proton pack from wood all this week.

*Each week S says so many amazing things. He gets more and more clever each day. This week's funny was after he finished eating an orange and said, "Damn! That thing was good." Guess I need to stop saying the one and only curse word I use these days.

Lowlights:

*More pregnancy aches and pains...but this will improve in week 33 when my sweet mom sends me a maternity pillow in the mail.

*Getting nervous about all the stuff that needs tending to before baby arrives: getting my FMLA straightened out, getting baby's space ready in our bedroom, washing all of baby's clothes and diapers, lanolizing tons of wool soakers, preparing for poverty--if I quit my job, buying a used car, finding a new place to live (this last one could wait until after baby arrives).


Midwife Appointment:
Measured small this week and midwife ordered an ultrasound just to check on growth of baby and amniotic fluid. Baby looked great! The tech estimated he/she weighs about 4 lbs. and 5 oz. (though I know those measurements are never accurate), and my amniotic fluid looks perfectly normal. I guess I'm just one of those ladies that measures small for dates consistently. But try telling that to the countless strangers that keep stopping me on the street to ask if I'm due tomorrow or having twins.

I've not had an ultrasound since I was seeing an OB, and since I've switched to a midwife I have a new ultrasound tech as well. The old one wouldn't allow children in the ultrasound room, but the new one does. So, S got to see the baby for the first time and that alone nearly had me all choked up. S was so excited when he saw the baby open and close his/her fist and turn his/her head. T was also looking closely at the ultrasound, but not so much at the profile or the fists or feet. He swears he saw testicles and is now convinced we're having a boy. But I don't know how any lay person could read a grainy black/white ultrasound. This makes me all the more anxious to meet this little person. Keeping the gender a surprise has been pretty exciting to say the least!

7 comments:

Ellen said...

32 weeks! Yeah! Glad you liked the yarn and it arrived safely. I just spent a lovely day with a friend who's baby is just about a week old. Helped her fold laundry, brought her a meal, talked to her, kept her company and of course...got to hold the little bundle. Such sweetness.

Lori ann said...

ooh getting close! you look beautiful as usual :)
i hope those low lights get cancelled out by all the bright and shiny high ones.

damn that was good, haha.

Swanski said...

Your poor days ahead will be filled with richness, trust me! I love your weekly updates, I hope your pillow helps with the aches and pains.

Mary said...

You look beautiful, as always! I love S's quote. We've all been there. I remember thinking that I'd curbed my tongue before you picked up any curse words. Then someone cut me off in traffic and your 3-year-old self piped up, "Did that asshole do it again Mommy?" Hm.

Love you,
Mom/Grandie

Lydia said...

Are you kidding Mom? You cursed like a sailor...and it was only in the car.

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies! I can't help but think we'll be much happier if I'm able to stay home with the kids, even if we have no $$.

And so far no matter how many lowlights, this pregnancy has been wonderful!

Jen said...

Look at you, you gorgeous thing!

I'm so glad that S got to see the new baby. I'm sure that was so exciting for him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...