Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week 31


Highlights this week:
*Spending time with my guys in Rhinebeck, driving through the country, looking at the leaves, petting sheep at the Sheep and Wool Festival, eating yummy food, fiber shopping.
*Watching Seamus discover his love of honey, and the next day laughing at him pretending to be a honeybee for hours with a long straw for a honeybee tongue.
*Marveling over something S said: I haven't seen the whole world yet; everything is new to me.
*Dreaming more amazing baby dreams, including one in which I gave birth to a dark-haired, blue-eyed baby girl with chubby cheeks.
*Feeling baby move more and more and feeling the shape of a little foot, small as a stone, by my belly button.
*Having a helpful husband who will ask me to rest while he loads the dishwasher and does the laundry even after working an extra-long shift.
*Having a husband who will drive our family all over New Jersey and New York for my errands and whims with minimal complaint. Oh, how I love that husband of mine!
*Starting to write more.


Lowlights:
*More minor pregnancy discomforts: variose veins spreading (so far it's just the right side of my body), the usual hip achiness, heartburn and so on.
*Still measuring small for dates, but week 32 brings good news about this.

T took these photos of me at the Dutchess County Sheep and Wool Festival on Sunday.

5 comments:

Lori ann said...

oh so sweet highlights, i love how you do this lydia. and you are a beautiful gorgeous 31 week soon to be mama of two.
xxx

little macaroon. said...

You're looking really fantastic, it's lovely seeing your bump grow! I looked like the wild woman of the woods by week 31 of my pregnancy, so I can only envy your lovely glowyness... if I may be permitted to invent a word :/

Swanski said...

You look fantastic! You are all baby :) Sorry about those minor pregnancy issues but the light is at the end of the tunnel.

Mary said...

You look beautiful, Lydia! And what a wise son you have!

Mom/Grandie

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies! Despite these minor discomforts of pregnancy, I still love it, and I know I'll miss these days a little bit after the baby comes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...