Monday, October 24, 2011

Muffin Monday

This morning S and I made Cranberry Applesauce Muffins, which we made a little healthier by substituting grape seed oil for the vegetable oil and using half whole wheat flour. We also added some orange zest just because we love orange and cranberries together.


Then I made a big pot of Barry's Tea (decaf for both of us) in the teapot my friend Peggy gave me for my birthday and used the tea cozy she knitted as well. And S and I had tea and muffins in our pajamas (we're still in our pajamas as I write this--we may not put real clothes on until this afternoon).



It was so yummy! The last time I had Barry's Tea I was 19 and spending the summer in Ireland. I should drink this more often.


S also loved his tea and muffins, especially since I added rice milk and sugar to his tea.

4 comments:

Lori ann said...

wow what a brilliant morning you've had. i wish i had one of those muffins to go with my tea right now. i had a day like this yesterday, but this morning its off to work i go...
enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

Those muffins sound scrumptious! I'll have to try some of that Barry's tea next time I'm up there. Looks like a great morning to stay in PJs a bit longer.

Love you!
Mom/Grandie

little macaroon. said...

I love those pj days - we were doing the very same this morning until a neighbour came by to borrow a yoga mat - as if I've owned such a thing!? New Year's Resolution for 2012 will have to be buying some slightly more presentable pjs. Ooops.

One of the main reasons I'm conflicted about my girl starting school next year is that there'll be no more lazy pj weekday mornings (when I reckon she does most of her thinking and learning). Guess I'd better make the most of them while I can... muffins for elevenses tomorrow perhaps?!

house full of jays said...

Yum! Cranberries and orange are a most wonderful combo. Love your teapot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...