Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yarn-Along

Joining Ginny over at Small Things for another Wednesday Yarn-Along...


On the Needles: An earflap hat for Mr. S that will eventually have Stegosaurus spikes on the top. S requested a hat just like I made him last year but with earflaps and in different colors. So I've been consulting a few patterns for size and shape and basically just making it up as I go along. So far it's coming along fast and looks like it'll fit just right.

I'm happy to report that blocking last week's Diplodocus Sweater appears to be taking all the kinks out of my crumpled up colorwork. It's on the blocking board now and should come off tomorrow. I'll post pictures of it and its recepient later in the week.

From the Library: Still working on Faulkner's Light in August, which is really wonderful so far. The writing is so incredible that I want to read it slowly and savor every turn of phrase.

I'm also about to return Vintage Baby Knits back to interlibrary loan but not before I make copies of about a bunch of patterns that I must place in my knitting queue. I know I should just buy the book.

6 comments:

Swanski said...

Cute hat! I cannot wait to see your sweater now that it is completed :) How exciting !

Lydia said...

Thanks! I can't wait to see how the sweater turns out myself.

Wendy said...

So great when the kiddos start making custom requests for your work! :)

Leanne said...

Visiting from Ginny's Yarn Along. I love the hat! I too take this book out constantly from the library, renew it until I'm no longer allowed and last time FINALLY made copies out of it!

house full of jays said...

Ack, that hat is too cute! May need to add that to the queue! Glad to hear the blocking has been a success.

Lydia said...

Thanks Rachel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...