Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yarn-Along Wednesday

Joining Ginny from Small Things for another Wednesday Yarn-Along. Check out her linky list to see what everyone else is knitting and reading this week...


On the Needles: I'm just about done with the Diplodocus Sweater. I'd hoped to finish both sleeves and start blocking this past weekend, but the Gwyns spent one whole day hiking on top of a mountain and most of the next day stuck in traffic on a bridge. So zero knitting got done on my days off. But I'm now almost done with the last sleeve and it's coming along nicely. I can't decide what to knit next...more soakers, a new winter hat for S or a new winter hat for me. I wasn't even thinking of a winter hat for me until I saw this one and now I'm obsessing over it.


From the Library: I just picked up William Faulkner's Light in August from my library. There's something about fall that always makes me want to read Faulkner, even though most of his novels and stories are set in the Mississippi summer. Last fall I read The Sound and the Fury for the first time ever. Can you believe I have an advanced degree in literature and had never read a Faulkner novel until last year? (And I went to grad school in Mississppi at a school that happened to have one of the country's best Faulkner scholars on faculty.) I should start a list of all the classics I've never read. It would be incredibly long. Anyway, so far I'm really enjoying Light in August. It doesn't compare to The Sound and the fury, which blew me away, even though it was much, much harder to read. But from what I've read, the story should pick up once the character of Joe Christmas is introduced.

8 comments:

pinkundine said...

The sweater is looking fab, shame about the traffic holding up your progress though! At least there's not much more left to finish!

Lori ann said...

i could make a similar list. too bad national geographic doesn't count as literature...

your sweater is looking lovely, it'll be off the needles any minute now. that hat looks so cute, i think you need it. take care hiking dear!

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies!

Swanski said...

Wow! What progress on the sweater. I bet your little guy cannot wait to wear it.

house full of jays said...

I'm intrigued by your book. I love classics but I haven't read any Faulkner.
Love the sweater!! And please keep obsessing over that hat and knit it!

stitchandpurl said...

Aw, the sweater is the cutest. I might have to consider this for my own little dinosaur lover.
And the hat is amazing - knit it!

little macaroon. said...

that hat is grrrrrreat! I think I need to make one too... (the to-do list is just growing and growing!)

EMMA said...

The sweater looks fantastic, I love the colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...