Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 28

Hello third trimester!

This pregnancy sure is going fast for me. It seems like I was just trying to hide my bump at work, and now I'm already in the third trimester and the final countdown is on.


This was a pretty good week aside from a bit of discomfort. On Monday, I had my first real midwife appointment. I had another one this week as well, and their practice already feels like home. I absolutely LOVE it there. When I walk in the door everyone knows my name, including the front desk staff and all the nurses. My appointments are very thorough and so far have been with the same midwife, whose name is Rachel. At my first appointment she told me she took her midwifery exams in the same small Tennessee town that I'm from. She's probably around my age, maybe a couple of years younger, and has a really comforting and steady bedside manner. On my way out of the office that day, Mary at the front desk took a family photo of me, T and S, something they do for all of their patients, and I noticed at my last appointment that it was clipped to my chart. I can't wait to have a baby with these ladies!

My only complaint this week is that I've been experiencing the same uncomfortable sensations that I experienced only in the very last couple of weeks of my pregnancy with S. I'm already getting that heavy feeling in my belly, and occasionally when I stand up it feels like a bowling ball might fall out. But the biggest discomfort happens at night when I try to sleep. I've been uncomfortable sleeping for awhile now, but this week it got a lot worse. Because of the varicose veins in my right leg I have to sleep in a most awkward position, on my right side with both feet elevated. This feels great for my legs but not so for the rest of my body. My left hip aches all day from sleeping this way. But it's a small price to pay.


T took these photos of me at the park we call the Dog Park. It was a humid, sweltering day. We'd just gotten used to the fall weather when it warmed up again. But starting this weekend, it's back to fall temperatures and blustery days. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Swanski said...

You look so wonderful! You are all baby. I had way more discomfort with my second child. He would move around (carried very low) and a nerve would pinch and my leg would give out! Weird. So sorry about your vein problem, maybe wear the hose all the time? Sorry I have no advise just sympathy.

Lydia said...

Thanks, Karen! You're right I'm going to have to start wearing the hose all the time. They really help. I feel so bad for people who have to live with varicose veins all the time. Mine should go away a little while after birth.

But your leg giving out at any random moment...I think that would be pretty crazy. Pregnancy is a weird and wonderful thing.

house full of jays said...

You are looking so wonderful, Lydia. I'm sorry to hear about the varicose veins. No fun at all. xoR

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...