Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yarn-Along

Yarning along on another Wednesday with Ginny from Small Things...


Off the Needles: Last Thursday I stayed home from work with a sick little S and cast-off on the Pine Forest Baby Blanket while S slept. It still needs a little blocking and then it's completely done.


On the Needles: Inspired by Rachel's stunning Puerperium, I decided to knit one up for my new babe as well. I'm using the Malabrigo Silky Merino yarn that T got me for our anniversary.

From the Library: Just started yet another Barbara Kingsolver book. Haven't had it this bad for an author since Margaret Atwood and Larry Brown. The Lacuna is Kingsolver's newest novel and even though I'm only 10 pages into it I can tell it won't disappoint. Her storytelling is full of poetry, and when I read her I find myself taking out scraps of paper and writing down my own little bits.

12 comments:

Erin said...

Your blanket turned out beautifully. :)

I added Puerperium to my queue also after seeing Rachel's. Such a lovely baby knit!

Thank you so much for your button suggestions for my knits- I'm hoping to find something local if I can, but I hadn't thought about Etsy if I can't find something at my LYS. Thank you!

Swanski said...

That silky merino is gorgeous!! Sorry you had a sick one but how great that you finished the blanket?! It is beautiful and now you just need a baby to go with it.

house full of jays said...

Oh my, silky merino...well that is much more decadent than mine. Can't wait to see more. I'm seriously thinking I need to cast on another puerperium.

Jen said...

Yay! You're done with the baby blanket!

I really like that pattern, too.

Lydia said...

Erin--I actually work in the garment district in NYC and still have a hard time finding just the right buttons. I'm constantly search ebay and etsy for unique buttons and then adding them to my stash.

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies! I'm happy to be done with that blanket. A blanket a year is enough for me.

The puerperium pattern is great. I'm really enjoying it. Thanks Rachel for turning us all onto it.

stitchandpurl said...

You'll love the puerperium! I've just cast off my 10th!!! :)

Ellen said...

How large is the blanket? I like the stitch pattern and the color.

www.theevolvinghomemaker.com said...

oh oh...i bought that book in hardback and STILL haven't read it due to my book buying addiction. lol. i am feeling it coming on though, i have heard this one is FANTASTIC! lovely blanket too!

:)
jen

Lydia said...

Ellen, the pattern calls for the size to be 26' x 32', but mine ended up being slightly bigger at 26' x 34'.

Lydia said...

Whoa! Svenna, you've made 10 puerperiums? I can easily see why. This pattern is SO much fun and pretty fast.

Lydia said...

Jen, you will love that book! I don't think Barbara Kingsolver is capable of writing a bad sentence.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...