Thursday, August 4, 2011

Week 20! Half-Way There!

I can't believe I've just finished week 20 of my pregnancy and am sailing through week 21 now. This time around the whole thing is flying by faster than I'd like, and I'm already starting to feel the panic of not having one single baby item in our home. That's about to change however; we're travelling to TN for a few days next week to pick up some of S's old baby stuff from my parents' basement. I can't tell you how excited I am to see everyone.

Week 20 left me feeling pretty good. I must have had a growth spurt however, because when I returned to work Monday more than a couple of people remarked on how much rounder I'd gotten. I can feel my body changing; I have an on/off ache in my hips that means my body is making plenty of room for the baby's entrance into the world.

I've been faithfully practicing my Bradley birthing exercises, along with yoga, lots of stretching and some cardio. I hope I can keep up this pace well into my third trimester. I have no idea how long of a labor I'm in for; though some part of me thinks it may be extremely short, and I'm afraid I won't make it to the hospital in time. With my last labor I was induced due to very low amniotic fluid (S ended up having a congenitive kidney defect that kept him from urinating for a several days. Thankfully that's resolved itself now.), and my labor was less than 6 hours from the first contraction until I pushed him out. I know induction speeds labor up, but I also know second labors are usually faster than the first. Anyone have any experience with this?


Once again T took these pictures at our favorite local park. If you look closely you can see where S soaked my shirt with the squirt gun at the water park. I love lazy summer days with my boys...don't know what we'll do when winter comes and we're stuck indoors most of the time.

5 comments:

Swanski said...

I was four hours with my first (slept through first two hours) and five hours with my second, he was longer because he was face up instead of face down (my theory, I kept asking if he was face down and no one answered). I hope yours is super fast :)

Anonymous said...

You look great! By the way, I had no labor as both you and your brother were c-sections. I don't really think I missed much!

Love you!
Mom/Grandie

Lydia said...

Wow, Swanski...those are some fast labors. I hope I can only be so lucky.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lydia, you do have legs. So glad to see them out in the summer sun. You look fab! Just glowing all over.

Crystal

Lydia said...

Ha! Crystal, it's a rare time when you see me in shorts. I have the palest legs and the knobbiest knees.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...