Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Yarn-Along

Yarning along with Ginny from Small Things again this week...


On and Off the Needles:
Finished up my first Puerperium, and I love every minute of it. If my mother hadn't already knitted me up a bunch I'd make a few more. Now to find the perfect buttons. I had 3/4 of a skein of Silky Merino left over, and so I started the Modern Baby Bonnet from Vintage Knits for Modern Babies. All I have left is the button band and some seaming and I'm done. See Rachel's version for more inspiration. This week I also started making a pair of Tiny Trousers from the same vintage knitting book and using some more anniversary yarn from Hilltop Handspun. These are knitting up so super-fast that I think I'll make a few more pairs to serve as longies. This will be my first time cloth diapering, but I imagine I'll use longies just as much as regular soakers since my babe is due in the winter.

Off the Bookshelf: Reading the new Poets & Writers, which is full of great articles as always. I look forward to every issue. I've also been flipping through Simple Sewing for Babies a lot lately, contemplating my first real sewing project, which I think will be a new nursing pillow since my old one is kind of dingy. But I'm also wanting to make some pants and bloomers. This is a great beginner sewing book, and I'm hoping husband will help me get started this weekend (hint, hint husband). The Barbara Kingsolver I'd started before vacation has fallen by the wayside. I may pick it up later when I'm ready to dive into a long, involved novel.

10 comments:

Erin said...

Love these sweet little baby knits! And that peach color is just lovely. :)

Lydia said...

Thanks Erin!

Swanski said...

Beautiful baby knits! I love the sweater.

Gretchen R said...

What a sweet color for a little babe! I added that sweater pattern to my list in Ravelry too, after such great feedback from so many people!

Wendy said...

Great little knits! I love all of the designs in the vintage knits for modern babies book, but have yet to actually knit any yet!

Lori ann said...

beautiful knitting, such lovely fo's, you are lucky to have a mother to knit for you also!

Kristen said...

That is a darling hat and sweater. Lucky little one!

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies!

Gretchen, you'll love the puerperium and it knits up so fast.

Wendy, have you seen a similar book called Vintage Baby Knits? It has even more beautiful patterns.

house full of jays said...

How did I miss this last week! Ah!! The cuteness is too much. Love it all! Mira is wearing her puerperium today in our suddenly cool weather.

Lydia said...

We had cool weather today too. I love it...Fall is in the air.

You've got to post some pictures of Mira in her puerperium. I just love her name, by the way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...