Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yarn-Along

Yarning-along again with Ginny from Small Things this week...

On the Needles: About to finish up the Pine Forest Baby Blanket and ready to start some baby sweaters. I think I'll finish up this skein of Knit Picks Organic Cotton and one more then call it quits on the blanket.


From the Library: Friends and co-workers have been suggesting I read In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan for a few years now, and when I saw Ginny post about it the other day, I decided to check it out. Luckily, the fashion library where I work had it. I say lucky because we don't have much in the way of fiction or poetry or novels or non-fiction that doesn't pertain to textiles, sewing, interior design, etc. I'm about three chapters into Pollan's book and I have to say it's fascinating. I'm getting even more riled up about the food industry in our country than I already was. My husband will be begging me to put this book down soon, I'm sure.

7 comments:

house full of jays said...

The blanket looks wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing those baby sweaters!
I loved In Defence of Food - and I was terrible about quoting this and that to my hubby (and probably anyone else within earshot).

Swanski said...

For me your blanket took no time at all! It looks perfect and I went and favorited it on Ravelry :) Looking forward to seeing what sweaters you choose.

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies! I need to find you both on ravelry.

I think I'll add a ravelry button to this here blog while I'm at it.

Wendy said...

Beautiful blanket, and great book. Contests on the wee one on the way--hope week 19 treats you better and that your eldest is sleeping better soon. You get to work in a fashion library?!--how cool is that?

Lydia said...

Thanks Wendy!

The fashion library is pretty cool, but I worked for years in a small town public library and that was better in every way. I miss it.

Rickety Rosie said...

I used that pattern once and loved doing it - your afghan is beautiful.

Lydia said...

It seems like your kind of pattern, Rosie. We still use the afghan you made Seamus when he was just a babe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...