Thursday, July 28, 2011

Week 19

Week 19 was so much better than the last two weeks. No UTIs, no kidney infections, no colds. And it ended with a lovely visit with a wonderful friend in Long Island.


Today I'm home from work with a sick little Gwyn. S has some sort of stomach bug, but nothing some rest, pop-sickles and Play-Doh can't fix. While S slept today I finished up the Pine Forest Baby Blanket, did tons of laundry and baked a golden wheat sheaf bread (more on that tomorrow).

Weeks 19 and (so far) 20 have brought a good bit of my pre-pregnancy energy back. Even though I can still fall asleep at the drop of a hat (and actually nodded off on a stranger's shoulder on the train yesterday), I'm feeling up to all the baking, knitting and making that I used to do so much of. I plan on taking advantage of it now to finish up some projects for the Gwyn on the way. I haven't even started making soakers, sweaters or booties, and T has promised to tutor me through a few simple sewing projects for the babe. But first he's saving a little extra from his paychecks to buy us a better sewing machine. He says our Singer doesn't cut it.


T and Simona took these pictures of me at the Arboretum. I was wind-blown and a bit disheveled from our afternoon at the beach, but it was the end of the week and we hadn't yet taken a weekly photo. It was a wonderful day with my sweet family and a sweet friend. S was a little wild without a nap that day and we were happy to spend most of the hours outside where he could run it off, play in the sand and splash in the water. And we got to see a beautiful part of Long Island and spend a few hours with one of our favorite people. This weekend we're taking it easy. I see water parks and ice cream in our future.

6 comments:

house full of jays said...

So glad you are feeling better - and finding that 2nd trimester happy place! You are looking great!

Swanski said...

Thank goodness you kicked the infection! Glad you are feeling better :)

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies! I just hope it stays this way for awhile.

Mr.Freckleberry said...

I feel it's going to be a girl or twins lol

Lydia said...

S thinks it's a girl too. He wants a sister. Definitely not twins though. I've had an ultrasound and there's only one in there.

Mr.Massey said...

It's a girl! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...