Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny from Small Things this week for another Wednesday Yarn-Along...


On the Needles: Joined a second ball of yarn on the Pine Forest Baby Blanket I'm making for a friend. This pattern is knitting up nicely and I'm enjoying it so much I'll probably start working on it at home instead of on the train. The lacy gull stitch repeat is nice and simple...I'm guessing simple enough to knit while watching a movie or being the voice of plastic mama T-rex while my son plays the baby T-rex.

From the Bookshelf: About to finish up Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver and then I don't know what book to start next; thinking of reading Geoffrey Wolff's Duke of Deception; it's a biography written by Tobias Wolff's brother.

In the meantime, I'm plowing through Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and Husband-Coached Childbirth (although husband is about to take this one away from me and start reading it himself). And Seamus has been devouring his Little Golden Field Guides. Whales and Insects are his favorites so far, and last night I walked past his room around 10pm and he was sitting up in his bed "reading" the field guide to spiders and their kin by night light. He told me he was just reading in bed like I do every night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Looks like we definitely have a little bookworm there! The blanket is going to be beautiful, too.

Love you,
Mom/Grandie

Lydia said...

Thanks Mom! Believe it or not I think he's close to learning to read. He's been sounding out letters, asking how to spell everything and the other day he read the word "pop."

house full of jays said...

What a sweet little guy you have there!
The baby blanket is looking so great. I forgot about Husband-Coached Childbirth, I enjoyed that one too - although never manage to get hubby to read it....maybe with baby #6?

Jen @ Wife, "Mom", Knitter said...

I love the way your blanket is progressing. That's a great pattern.

Swanski said...

I am enjoying watching the progress on your baby blanket! I really like the lace stitch, it seems to pop with that yarn.

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies! This has been a fun pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...