Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yarn Along

Yarning along with Ginny from Small Things this week:


On the Needles: The Pine Forest Baby Blanket in Knit Picks Organic Cotton. The color is Wave Heather and definitely has a beachy feel to it. This will be a gift for a friend whose baby is due in October.

From the Library: Still working on Barbara Kingsolver's Animal Dreams, which I'm LOVING. Because this is my train read and I only read it on my commute, it's taking me forever to finish. At home I'm working on a pile of natrual birthing books and the newest issue of Poets & Writers.

7 comments:

stitchandpurl said...

I love the colour you picked for the blanket! Happy knitting and have a wonderful day..

Lydia said...

Thanks! It was my favorite of their color choices.

Jen @ Wife, "Mom", Knitter said...

What a pretty shade of blue!

Swanski said...

I really like the color of the blanket as well!

Jess said...

Lovely blanket, the color is so soothing and I bet that organic cotton is dreamy.

house full of jays said...

Oh no! More irresistible baby knits...must.finish.sweaters.first.
Have you read any Ina May Glaskin? She is my birth hero!

Lydia said...

It's incredibly soft yarn. I must make something for my own babes with it.

Also this pattern is super-simple with just enough lace to make it interesting. You could easily watch a movie or play with your kids while knitting this.

I'm reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth right now. It's so inspriational. Makes me wish I could move back to TN and give birth on the Farm. I'm thinking of reading Spritual Midwifery next.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...