Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yarn Along

Yarning along with Ginny from Small Things again this week.


On the Needles: another Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap, knit in Paton's self-striping sock yarn.

The red and tan Sweet Baby Cap I was working on awhile ago ended up being much too big for a newborn head. I was hoping it would be a holiday hat for our little one due around Christmas, but this just means I'll have to find another hat pattern. Rats!

For this new hat, I picked this particular self-striping sock yarn because it had every color under the sun, and since we aren't finding out the sex of this baby I wanted something fairly unisex. I love babies and children in bright primary colors.

From the Library: another Barbara Kingsolver...this time I'm reading Animal Dreams. I finished the Bean Trees last week and enjoyed every word of it, and this one is just as wonderful. That woman can tell a story like nobody's business. It doesn't matter what she's writing about, she'll make it fascinating and you won't be able to look away.

4 comments:

Jen @ Wife,"Mom", Knitter said...

What a really cute, colorful hat!

Lydia said...

Thanks, Jen!

Swanski said...

The hat is so bright and pretty! It is going to look great on someone's little head :)

house full of jays said...

Love those bright colours - you're reminding me again that I want to knit one of those pilot caps.
Congratulations on your exciting new!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...