Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pregnancy Week 15

This week has been the loveliest...celebrating seven years of marriage, eating good southern food, getting lost on old country roads, hiking in the mountains, moving into week 16 of my pregnancy and daydreaming about the future.

My all-day sickness has been a stranger lately, and I've been all too happy to see it go. I'm back to cooking and devouring my favorite meals again: homemade pizzas, lentil samosas, big pots of veggie soup and later this week I'm cooking up some Tikka Masala. Oh food, how I've missed you!

I'm still tired all the time and it's hard for me to sit through an entire movie night with T. Although this week I did manage to watch and enjoy all of True Grit (Cohen Brother's style). Still having trouble sleeping at night though, but when I do I have the most fantastic dreams. This week I dreamed I was dating Squiggy of Lenny and Squiggy fame (not that fantastic), and last night I dreamed I was on the train on my way home from work and Bob Dylan was sitting in the seat across from me reading a biography of Henry Winkler called, Jump the Shark (that one was pretty fantastic).


T took this picture of me on our Anniversary Hike to Dingmann's Falls. We'd just spent a good long time playing the creek and looking for salamanders.

Also this week I whipped up a small batch of belly butter, using the recipe from Stephanie Tourles's Organic Body Care Recipes.


I didn't get any stretch marks with Mr. S, but I'm still not taking any chances. My belly is itching like crazy, so if nothing else this belly butter should soothe my skin. I used avocado oil as my base oil, which I've also been using in my lip balm recipes lately too, and it really does soften better than anything else I've tried. For my belly butter I also added lavendar essential oil and it smells amazing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...