Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pregnancy: Week 14

Week 14 was so good to me, I hate to say good-bye to it. No nausea whatsoever! This week I've eaten Italian food, Vietnamese food and, best of all, a Father's Day veggie dog with veggie chili, organic crinkle cut fries and a pickle on the side. Aside from the pickle, these are all things I've not been able to stand the smell of, thought of or taste for for three months. I think it's safe to say the all-day sickness is gone. I've just started week 15 and still feel pretty sturdy.


I still have that other first trimester symptom however. Exhaustion has me falling asleep on the train, falling asleep while knitting, while reading S a story and anytime of day except bedtime, and then I'm wired for some reason, and T and I end up talking all night and I go to bed late. Now that I have three-day weekends, I have to arrive at work earlier Monday-Thursday, which means getting up at 5am instead of 5:30. Staying up late talking with husband shouldn't be an option. But I don't see him all day, and I miss him. Unfortunatley I don't see this symptom going away anytime soon. I was tired with S all the way through my pregnancy, and of course it only got worse after he arrived.

I'm still having terrible aversions to smells, especially perfume and cologne and even strong clothing detergents and lotions.

Also this week I've felt definite quickening. I knew last week I was feeling those first flutters of movement, but I thought for sure it was too early to be feeling any little jabs. However, this week those movements and flutters have gotten stronger and more frequent, and I always feel them when I'm resting or sitting down, just as I did when I was pregnant with S.

I've been continuing my exercise routine, doing prenatal yoga, pilates and cardio to get myself ready for the big day. I'm hoping for a natural labor and delivery this time and have been reading Bradley books and Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, all of which are very inspiring. I labored naturally with Seamus (and not by choice--the epidural medication never entered my body), but didn't deliver naturally, and even though I had to be induced with him and those contractions were a bitch, I missed them when the last-minute epidural kicked in and I didn't know when to push. This time around I think I'll be better off listening to the information my body gives me even if it is excruciating. Of course, that's so easy to say now, here in July when December's due date is so far away.


T took these pictures of me at the water park on Father's Day. What you don't see is Seamus in the background peeling the bark from a giant Oak tree and looking for bugs. I love my guys so much, and these simple weekend days with them spent playing in the park, eating ice cream, relaxing at home are the best days of my week. I can't wait to share it all with a new little someone.

3 comments:

Swanski said...

You look so happy! I would love to have seen the tree bark stripping photo :)

house full of jays said...

You look fantastic! I am feeling far sturdier at 35 weeks let me tell you! So glad you are enjoying more foods again.

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies! I feel so great these days. Oh, I can't wait to be 35 weeks. As uncomfortable as you may be at that point, the countdown is almost over and it's SO exciting.

Swanski...I actually have pictures of tree bark stripping. I'll have to post them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...