Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finished Object--Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap


I finished up the Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap this morning, and even though it was knit with fingering weight yarn and size 2 and 3 needles it sure wrapped up quickly. I bought a few skeins of Paton's Kroy sock yarn in different colorways. This colorway had the most bright and primary colors in it. I rarely knit with self-patterning yarn, but it was so much fun watching the pattern emerge. I'm itching to knit another one in a different colorway. Good thing I have a few pregnant friends right now.


Mr. S modeled the cap for me, which I'd sized for a one-year-old. He pretended to a baby the whole time he wore it.

4 comments:

house full of jays said...

I love the hat - the stripes are great!

Lydia said...

Thanks! This was so much fun to make. I HAVE to make another.

Anonymous said...

Hello - My name is Jacqueline and I am currently knitting this hat which I find positively adorable. I am on the decrease section and before I begin, can you please clarify for me how to do the decrease row? The way I am reading it, is that you slip 1 -knit 2 tog tbl-psso. To me that would make the hat scrunch tightly together real quick. Does one k18 then slip 1-knit 2 tog tbl-psso then k18 again and keeep repeating this to the end of the row? Many thanks. Jacqueline

Lydia said...

Hi Jacqueline, You got it when you said "k18 then slip 1-knit 2 tog tbl-psso then k18 again and keep repeating this to the end of the row." You're right if you kept those decreases every stitch it would scrunch up fast and wouldn't fit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...