Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yarn Along

Knitting along with Ginny from Small Things this week.

I took a little break from knitting...just a week or so. Honestly I need a a break from knitting soakers and had nothing else lined up for the needles. I'd been thinking of making another sweater and have started looking for fall and winter cardigans for me and a cozy wool sweater for S because it'll be fall before we know it, and in New Jersey it seems every time you turn around it's winter again. I miss the long summers and mild Februaries of Tennessee, especially right now after we've had over a week of rain and wind and it hadn't gotten out of the low 60s until yesterday.

This week I finally put the finishing touches on the three soakers I made, weaving in the lose ends and sewing on the buttons.


I made all three soakers sized for newborns with button-down waist bands for babies with stumps still in tact.


They look right cute all together, and once I get them lanolized and make a few more I think I'll be all set to start selling them on etsy.

And finally...I picked out a pattern I'd been eying on Ravelry for awhile now. I can't wait to start the Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap. I'm making mine with red and cream stripes, though I'd like to try this pattern with a self-striping sock yarn too.


From the library this week: The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. I love her non-fiction, but I've never read her fiction before. This one I can't quite put down and will probably finish much sooner than I want. Thank goodness we have a few more of hers at my library.

3 comments:

Carol said...

The soakers look both colorful and interesting--I don't think I have seen one before. Is it used over a cloth diaper?

My daughter is expecting #4 and always interested in ways to do cloth diapering comfortably.

Lydia said...

Yep, you use soakers over a cloth diaper. They're perfect for winter and for overnight. Wool has antibacterial properties and is somewhat waterproof. However, lanolizing (just with lanolin and water) the soaker really helps keep it waterproof.

Congratulations to you and your daughter!

Jen @ Wife, "Mom", Knitter said...

That is a cute baby hat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...