Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Big 0-4!

On April 19th Seamus turned four-years old. He hopped out of bed woke me up, stretched as tall as he could and said, "Look how big I am now." I took the day off, just as I'll do every year considering I did a lot of work on this day in 2007 and always want to spend it with my boy.

Instead of having a bunch of kids, whose parents I don't know, come over to our house, I brought the party to S's preschool. Unfortunately, I forgot the SD card to my camera and so I have no pictures of the actual party, but if you can imagine 20 kids wearing dinosaur masks like this...
and eating cupcakes like this, then you get the idea.

The following Friday Grandie and Grandpa came up from Tennessee, and we had a small birthday party at our home. Seamus requested another dinosaur cake this year, but this time he wanted a volcano on top.
I made the Hurry-Up Cocoa Cake from the Joy of Cooking and used a basic chocolate ganache recipe (with organic dark chocolate). I sprinkled cookie crumbs over the surface for sand and used lots of chocolate rocks. For the volcano I used the inside of my bundt pan for the mold and made royal icing for the lava. The dinos all came from Seamus's bedroom.

We played Dino Bingo:
Pin the Tail on the Donkey:
And gave out glitter bugs for prizes:
Seamus enjoyed it all dressed as a paleontologist. We brought out the fossils from our trip to Big Brook last summer and he had fun going through them all again.
He got too many presents, including the World of Winnie-the-Pooh...
and a Childcraft Encylcopedia set. He also got fossil and gemstone excavation kits, a break-your-own geode kit, Legos and what he wanted more than anything...
Barbie and Ken from Toy Story 3.

And he had lots of fun with Grandie and Grandpa the entire time they were here.

Happy 0-4 little man!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cool cake! Love the Ken and Barbie!

Lydia said...

Thanks Wendy! It was fast and fun day.

Mary said...

We had a blast! Love you!

Mom/Grandie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...