Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finished Object: Miette Cardigan

I finished the Miette Cardigan from Untangling Knots back in March but have been waiting on some special buttons to arrive from Israel before wearing it out.


The pattern was so fun to knit with clear, concise instructions. I'm really looking forward to knitting more of Andi's designs, especially her forthcoming Agatha Cardigan. For my Miette I used the exact yarn and colorway the pattern called for: Cascade Sierra in Cherry Red. This cotton yarn with a bit of wool blended in makes for perfect a spring knit, but I'm planning on wearing my Miette on cooler summer nights as well.



I purchased some vintage buttons from Ebay, but once they I arrived I could see immediately that the color was slightly off and wouldn't work with my yarn color; so I searched on Etsy and found a fabulous shop that sells beautiful and unique vintage buttons. The only problem is Orit Dotan's shop is in Israel, and it took about three weeks for my buttons to come in the mail, but that was ok because once they arrived and I sewed them onto my cardigan they were so perfect! It was well worth the wait.

2 comments:

Allison said...

this is such a lovely cardigan! the buttons you used are great.

i've got a red cotton sweater in my plans for summer, too.

MJ said...

I LOVE the buttons and the cardigan!! Beautifully done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...