Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yarn-Along


Knitting with Ginny from Small Things again!

On the needles: Vanilla Soaker, a wool soaker for cloth diapered babies in newborn size with a button down top (for a still attached stump).

I'm thinking of selling these in the Etsy shop T and I are hoping to open. The designer, Kelly Brooker, offers a pretty inexpensive cottage license and I could sell as many as I want. So far, it's been a pleasure to knit. The pattern is color coded for size, offers numerous yarn weight options, copius notes and is about 18 pages long. Definitely worth every penny of the $5 I paid for it!

Off the shelf: My library's copy of The Progress of Love by Alice Munro. I'm in between books on my reading list and wanted a sure bet. And you can never go wrong with Ms. Munro.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

What a great idea for a soaker that can be used on a new born. Love the color of yarn and color coding with size is another great idea that I never would have thought of.
Warmly,
Tracey

Wendy said...

I've had my eye on that pattern for a long time--glad to know it's so great! It looks so cozy, and the color is great!

house full of jays said...

Another soaker! This is so cute!! I'm going to have a look at the pattern - although 18 pages sounds a little daunting.
I love the colour!

KnitterMama said...

That soaker is really so pretty. I just love the look of them. Are you in Bayonne, NJ? We are in Montclair.

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies!
The 18 page pattern was a little daunting to me at first as well, and I actually put off starting it for awhile because of this, but once I read over it a couple of times it was really simple and fun. I'm making another one now.

@KnitterMama--Yep, we're in Bayonne. We're from TN and have only lived in the area a couple of years. I've never been to Montclair, but I've heard great things about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...