Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yarn-Along

I'm joining Ginny's yarn-along this week! The black beret I've been working on for a couple of days is now complete, and just this morning I removed it from the plate on which it was blocking.
I know Spring is just around the corner, but it's still so friggin' cold here, and I've been wanting a simple black beret for awhile now. When I saw this free pattern I couldn't resist, especially since I already had black bulky weight yarn. The hat is super warm, made with Quince and Co.'s Puffin yarn, and it was so fast and easy to knit, I'm considering making another one in rust-red with a pom-pom on top.

The book I'm reading is Virginia Holman's Rescuing Patty Hearst, which I got on inter-library loan from the library where I work. It's a memoir about a particular time in the author's childhood when her mother kidnapped her and her little sister and took them to live in the family's delapidated beach cottage and about her mother's descent into schizophrenia. It's beautifully written and fascinating, albeit quite a bit heartbreaking, and I'm thoroughly caught up in it.

2 comments:

Pumpkin Pie Baby said...

Your beret looks very nice, and I'm a huge fan of Quince and Co. yarns. And, the Stay Puff marshmallow man transports me back to my childhood every time I see him! What a great header for your blog.

Lydia said...

Thanks! Stay Puft travels with us on all vacations and we always take his picture next to a landmark.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...