Monday, March 14, 2011

Baking Day

This morning I made Brown Sugar Carrot Bread with Almonds. Half of this went to work with Mr. T, but the other half will make perfect preschool snacks for Mr. S (after we give some to our upstairs neighbor Jan).


This is another recipe from my favorite, How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. I have to say I think this and How to Cook Everything may be the best cook books I own. I've been using them several times a week now for about six months, and everything I've made from them has been a success.


Bittman's sections on baking are especially nice, with hand-drawn illustrations and step by step instructions, and at the end of each recipe he provides numerous options for changing the flavor or turning the recipe into something else entirely.

This particular recipe is one of my favorites out of the book. I used apple juice and tangerine zest and a little cinnamon, which were all perfect compliments to the carrots.

Mr. S loved it too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...