Thursday, February 17, 2011

Yarn Along

I had so much fun joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along last week that I decided to do it again this week.


We've had so much snow this winter; I don't think I've ever been more ready for spring. I've been dreaming of sunshine, green things and flowers. So this week I started Miette, a cropped cotton cardigan that will be perfect for spring days and summer nights. I'm using Cascade Sierra, a worsted weight cotton/wool blend (with about 20% wool). The color is Very Cherry. I've purchased some vintage red Bakelite buttons, but now I'm thinking I'd like some sort of hand-painted floral button, porcelain or Czech glass maybe?

For reading this week I've fallen back on an old favorite that you can never go wrong with: Alice Munro. I started one of her newer collections of stories and as usual with her, I'm finding it hard to put down. Reading her (and Margaret Atwood) makes me want to move to Canada.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...